At Asana, were building collaboration & communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly & do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers & PMs to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. Were involved in the entire product process, from conception (be it at ahackathonor duringRoadmap Week) to post-launch reflection. And we have deep empathy for both our coworkers & our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work bettertogether.
As a manager on the product engineering team, youll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more & develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting & building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you & your team willsolve.
- Manage a team of 3-8 engineers on the web product engineeringteam
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development anditerations
- Coach engineers in their technical & professionaldevelopment
- Work closely with recruiting & other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences & events, & onboarding newemployees
- Experienced in managing a technicalteam
- Kind & intellectuallymature
- Willing & able to dive into the codeyourself
- Excited to partner with design & product management on both large new features & daily, small productenhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, & Asana as awhole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, & technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astuteteam
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be doneand then doingit
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then wed love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring & working experience in which all people know they are equally respected & valued. So whatever it is that makes you uniqueyour gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic statuswe value it, & wed love to see what you might add to ourteam.