Social Video Producer
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a staff Social Video Editor to join our Video team. The Social Video Producer will work with one of the social video teams in our video org to produce & edit short-form content across platforms. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated & able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Edit 3-5 videos a week consisting of found UGC & compiled moments from TV & Film
- Implement feedback from the team lead in a timely manner
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Work with the team lead in executing existing output goals
- Collaborate with Social Strategists on ideation
- Notes & feedback on videos created by other team members
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs & formats
- Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube
- Interest in social platforms & data
- Must be comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, & Photoshop
- Must have great communication skills & be able to give & receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, & creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- Experienced in a deadline-driven environment & internet video
- Interest in food, DIY, travel, & wellness a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, & explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve edited.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.