The Barista is responsible for executing the vision & strategy of our CafeCafe. Candidates should possess an entrepreneurial spirit, excited to learn & grow with the team, while maintaining a strong representation of community & brand awareness. Responsibilities include ensuring quality of food & beverage are kept to the highest standard, ensuring a superior client experience, & being able to handle multiple tasks alone & in collaboration with team members.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Help The RealReal build an innovative caf experience connecting customers with high-touch food & beverage services
- Food Safety (time+temp+FIFO)
- Ensure the caf is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality in every drink & food item served
- Help to organize & participate in any coffee-based community or educational events, held within or outside of the store
- Be knowledgeable on all products offered, including coffee rotations, origins, & attributes
- Be Knowledgeable in allergens & tailoring orders to meet customers requests
- Follow Cafe Lead direction & all SOPS set by management
What You Bring To The Role
- 1-3 years of restaurant or cafe experience.
- Knowledge & expertise of relevant food & beverage offerings
- Positive, engaging attitude with customers, especially during times of high-volume
- Strong sense of teamwork & a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday & Sunday & holiday periods
- Food Protection Certificate (ServSafe or ANSI)
- Passion for coffee & tea, have the desire to learn more about coffee & tea
- Experienced with different brewing methods & experience on a La Marzocco Strada AV, EE or Modbar
- Ability to calibrate Espresso
- Proficient in steaming milk & latte art
- Must be a problem solver with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a high volume environment
- POS, Table Service & Cash handling experience
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.