From neighborhood restaurants to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms empowers operators to create & cultivate a direct relationship with guests to enable exceptional experiences. By leveraging data from dozens of external & internal sources with our proprietary algorithms, our software enables hospitality operators to understand their customers, market to them & efficiently provide world-class experiences.
As the business grows post-series A, we are are looking for top-tier, mid-to-senior level, T-Shaped engineers. Our team consists of a mixture of proven engineers from Amazon/AWS, Goldman Sachs, OKCupid, Seamless/Grubhub & ExxonMobil research as well as top-of-the-class junior engineers from Columbia, UPenn & NYU.
About the Role
SevenRooms Engineering is seeking smart & highly productive engineers to support the companys rapid growth. You will work closely with our world-class team of engineers, product managers & designers, learning about our product, mobile & cloud technology stack, agile software development process, & implementing real features that ship directly to our customers. We are a pragmatic technical team with a culture of shipping high-quality, extensible code that focuses on delivering value to the customer. We believe in using the right tools for the job & maintaining simplicity in our design. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with very talented people, SevenRooms Engineering may be a good fit for you!
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain & improve software with a strong focus on customer-facing features
- Be the technical owner of features, from design to implementation to ongoing support
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, code quality & deliverables
- Participate in occasional on-call duties to keep software systems up & running
Who You Are
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis & software design.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed & parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval
- Working proficiency & communication skills in verbal & written English
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Prior success & work experience in a self-starting startup, tech and/or SaaS environment
- Experience using Google Cloud and/or App Engine
- Interest & ability to learn other coding languages as needed
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries & flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, & pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, & unique memberships through One Medical & Perkspot
- 401k plan
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart & passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the hospitality tech space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight & instinct combine, people & businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service & marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel & concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business & manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, & it shows in the products we build & the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.