As a Data Scientist - Economist, youll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, & work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Adeptly interpret & utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, & present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical & econometric methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research & tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer & driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion & retention at every touch point
- Design & implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- PhD in a quantitative field of Economics or a related discipline.
- Obsessed with data; analytical & rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics & machine learning
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing & editing skills.
- Passionate about elegant visualization; you understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, & marketing
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R.
We're actively hiring & are always interested in hearing from exceptional candidates. We will be at the January 2020 AEA/ASSA conference in San Diego but will consider candidates for start dates as early as November 2019.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in the UK, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 60 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.