Research emerging tech. Find new trends. Create amazing content.
This is an opportunity to join a team that is producing the industrys smartest, most digestible & most actionable insight into the technologies, business models, competitors & market trends of tomorrow.
The role you'll play:
As CB Insights analyst, you will be given the opportunity to produce digestible & actionable insight into technologies, business models, competitors, & market trends of tomorrow. In this role you will help predict which emerging trends will flourish & which will fade, by using data & not your gut.
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is like having a front row seat to the future. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to both work at a startup & spend your day analyzing the technologies, business models, companies, & market trends of tomorrow in your industry of interest. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform & its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious & driven people you will ever meet & held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts & editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, & medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with the commercial & product side of our business, & have the ear of senior decision makers in your space.
Your main tasks:
- Write data-driven research & reports that combine our proprietary data with outside data sets to identify key trends & analyze the momentum of retail & e-commerce startups, companies, & investors
- Understand & develop forward-looking analyses & insights for top retail areas
- Publish digestible, differentiated, & incisive research on our client-only platform & occasionally for our public research portal
- Develop & give client & prospect client presentations to discuss market trends in retail
- Support PR requests with data & category knowledge
- Help develop & pioneer new research products
- Must be passionate & knowledgeable about technology & related disciplines such as venture capital & M&A
What you bring to the table:
- Writing experience a must can be within the fields of market research, journalism, equity research, investment banking, or consulting in health, technology, or related area
- 5+ years experience in retail related-position (can also be while working in any of the above fields). Must be able to demonstrate retail domain knowledge.
- Must be a startup/tech geek passionate about all things retail
- Ability to synthesize data & develop meaningful conclusions & predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills & leadership abilities. You should feel comfortable speaking to Fortune 500 clients/prospects as an authority on the business & the category.
- Some startup experience ideal, a thick skin & high tolerance for change required
- Ability to multi-task & manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!