As our Transportation Community Strategist, you play a strategic role to ensure Vias success in the broader transportation industry. You will embody our mission both internally & externally, champion the work of our city & agency partners, & connect the company to industry trends, contacts, & events. You must demonstrate knowledge on a wide variety of aspects of the overall mobility ecosystem, love staying up-to-date on the latest thinking & relevant current events in the space, & be capable of identifying & creating project opportunities that benefit our partners & community.
What You'll Do
- Proactively identify, secure, & own strategic initiatives with outside organizations that help achieve external-facing company goals across Vias portfolio
- Shape & contribute to the voice of the company through presentations, blog posts, webinars, conferences, etc, making clear the companys domain expertise, understanding of best practices, breadth of work with agency partners, & overall thought leadership in the space
- Lead participation in key industry organizations, nonprofits, community groups, & conference submittals
- Work closely with the Marketing, Policy, & leadership teams to collaborate on key cross-functional initiatives & build community (for example, TranspoTalk)
- Maintain & nurture a robust network of transportation industry contacts for communications & partnership opportunities
- Establish & maintain Vias leadership role in the transportation industry
Who You Are
- Fluency & diversity of experiences in & around the transportation field - such as consulting, advocacy, public sector, startup, etc.
- Compelling public speaker, confident communicator, & savvy networker
- Organized & independent; youre both an individual contributor & a team player: people love working with you & collaborating with you
- Creative & high energy; youre a self-starter that loves both coming up with new ideas & executing them
- Experience managing complex relationships; you intuitively find the right tone & feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Enjoys travel, attending conferences, events, & are excited by the dynamic & potentially mobile nature of this position
What Catches Our Eye:
- 5+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Well-known voice & strong network in the transportation industry
- Excellence in public speaking & writing
- Strong articulation of points of view on current relevant topics across transportation, mobility, urbanism, & technology
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.