Hi, were Oscar.
Oscar is a venture-backed insurance company focused on one mission to be a health insurance company centered around the individual, engaging members & guiding them to the right care. Oscar provides better tools & resources to make it easier & more seamless for members to access high-value care & to navigate the complex health care system. Join a team of 1250 of the most talented, experienced, & mission-driven individuals from the halls of technology, health care, politics, design, & data in service of the Oscar mission.
We currently operate in the individual market (both on-and off-exchange) in fifteen states, the small group market in four states, & the Medicare Advantage market. We anticipate further geographic expansion & new product offerings.You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
- Conduct comprehensive information searches for projects as assigned by counsel. Identify & review relevant statutes, regulations, & subregulatory guidance. Synthesize research findings for counsels review.
- Identify, track, & transmit regulatory updates as assigned by counsel.
- Maintain a repository of legal guidance & resources.
- Review & edit Policies & Procedures.
- Work with minimal supervision on multiple, simultaneous & diverse assignments while adhering to deadlines & managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Support cross-training, problem-solving, & knowledge development across Oscar.
- You have a Bachelors degree in legal studies, political science, public policy, or other relevant field, or a combination of education & experience.
- You have at least 4+ years of healthcare industry regulatory analysis experience, ideally in the health plan/managed care space.
- Youre highly organized & detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection.
- You have a demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic & follow-through skills.
- You have demonstrable project management skills.
- You get things done, even if its crunch time.
- You have a passion for healthcare & a knack for making processes more systematic.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.