Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to support the growth of our Marketing Applications Platform team. Youll work with passionate, versatile, & collaborative teams, tackling tough problems as we continue to push our technology forward. As a SDET, youll work arm in arm with a passionate group of people, in your team & across the organization, that strives to deliver a reliable & amazing experience to our customers every day. Youll be responsible for collaborating with developers to come up with & implement testing strategies to ensure we keep our quality bar high while allowing us to move faster & deliver the value our customers expect.
- Typically, at least 5-7 years of experience testing microservices
- Expert in Quality Assurance testing techniques
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent industry experience
- Proficient in at least one of Java, C, Go, Python
- Experience in implementing CI/CD workflows
- Proficient in system monitoring best practices
- Ability to drive risk-based testing & release execution (lets face it, risk drives most all of your actions)
- You have an affinity for Agile software development & have worked on an Agile team
- Live by & champion our cultural values encompassed in what we call The Twilio Magic
- DRAW THE OWL Be the quality advocate who drives our risk-based testing strategy
- Contribute to QA thought leadership at Twilio
- DON'T SETTLE Continuously contribute to the quality of our releases by injecting quality concepts in every phase of the sprint lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- EMPOWER OTHERS Collaborate with members of your team to understand planned implementations & improve build pipelines
- BE AN OWNER Develop test strategy for each of the services your team owns
- Assist in identifying high-quality test cases around story implementation
- Develop tooling to support test automation & code deployments
- Write automated tests for services
- Plan & develop regression test sets
- Evaluate & analyze new technology & software for testability, impact, & viability
Our stack includes: ReactJS with Redux, npm/yarn, Github, Jira, Chef, BuildKite, Docker, CypressIO, Golang, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3)
The Marketing Applications Platform is focused on building our next-gen marketing communications solutions. Keeping the customer always in mind, we hope to deliver a new set of tools that will disrupt the marketing SAAS industry. You will get a chance to help grow & implement solutions that will provide marketers & developers alike with the tools they need to create personalized communication experiences for their customers. Twilio adds in the complexities of scale & distributed systems to keep things interesting. Join an experienced & passionate team that focuses on making an impact.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located at our Denver Twilio office where you will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values , who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.