Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manger to join the People Team supporting approximately 800 employees worldwide (including 300 in the London HQ). The role will involve running the monthly & bi- weekly payrolls & payroll associated activities for some of our key markets as well as leading some new initiatives:
- As we move towards a single global payroll provider (process to kick off in Q3 2019), we will implement a more centralised process, which will be managed predominantly by one global payroll manager out of HQ in London. The Global Payroll Manager will be a key resource in guiding the centralisation, reviewing the processes & implementing the new global payroll provider in conjunction with the Finance team.
- Currently, the Payroll Manager also manages the benefit providers in the UK & internationally. As we look to standardise the benefits around the world & renew benefit providers, the Global Payroll Manager will be a key contributor to these activities.
- Responsible for running bi-weekly & monthly payrolls internationally, with external providers. Ensuring accuracy & integrity of the payroll data & processes within the required scheduled timeframe.
- Current payrolls - UK, Australia, Belgium, South Africa, Canada, Poland.
- Understanding & knowledge of calculations & deductions from payroll including tax withholdings etc.
- Maintain payroll processing system & records by gathering, calculating & inputting data.
- Maintain payroll records.
- Ensure process & procedures follow current regulations requirements.
- Responsible all end of year payroll process, including P11Ds, P45s, P46s etc.
- Respond & resolve queries from employees & management relating to payroll & benefits.
- Process relevant paperwork for payroll & benefits, including benefit renewals
- Involvement in accounting audits as & when required
- Setting up new payroll as the company grows & enters new countries.
- Support HR BP with holiday, maternity & paternity calculations etc.
- Key role in all payroll & benefits related projects
- Ad hoc duties as & when required
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Experienced in managing a fully outsourced UK payroll
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Experienced in human resources, payroll or accounting
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in data entry, Excel & Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- Ability to maintain privacy & confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills
- Life assurance - 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code