Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Customer Success Manager to manage a strategic portfolio of accounts. Your mission will be to ensure that our customers derive the maximum value from Planets products & services, by quantifying value, driving adoption, identifying opportunities, developing strategic goals & objectives, & serving as a trusted advisor to the customer. You will act as the primary point of contact for your customers throughout their lifecycle with Planet while maintaining a human-centered approach. Ultimately, your goal as a CSM is to ensure that the value derived from the solution far exceeds customers expectations; as such, the role relies heavily on personal accountability for results, & a willingness to go the extra mile for each & every customer.
- Customer focused mentality
- Strategic thinker - ability to think outside the box
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Problem solver
Impact Youll Own:
- Build & maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with high levels of customer engagement & satisfaction
- Lead onboarding & training of new clients
- Provide excellent customer support, ensure successful delivery of our services, & produce timely solutions according to customer needs & objectives
- Coach & drive customers toward the maximum value application of Planet data alongside their business needs on a defined timeline, promoting methodologies & business practices that create customer experts
- Validate & champion the expansion & growth within a book of business across customer profiles with various business needs
- Engage & meet with customers for Executive Reviews in order to develop a clear understanding of their needs, opportunities & possible solutions
- Identify common customer challenges to help identify opportunities for enhanced product solutions
- Partner cross-functionally with the Account Executive, Product, Engineering & Marketing teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Craft internal & customer-facing assets
- Drive customer references & case studies
What You Bring:
- Proven track record of successfully managing enterprise customer relationships or projects.
- Strong awareness of the customer journey & how a Customer Success Manager serves to strategically advise customers toward agreed upon goals
- Skillful verbal & written communication in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills & experience building internal & external relationships
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Working knowledge of geospatial technologies, GIS, or Remote Sensing.
- Project management skills
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000 - $159,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.