WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
BARK is a fast-growing business that serves people who absolutely love dogs & want to make dogs happy. We currently have offices in New York City & Columbus, Ohio & believe people are our strongest asset.We are looking for a dynamic & highly motivated Sr. Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. The Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for driving business performance & predictability through financial planning, value-added reporting & analysis, & financial partnership with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
In this role, you will use well-honed analytical & communication skills to track & influence business performance. You will collaborate directly with heads of each operating unit, projecting & analyzing all facets of revenue & expense, with the objective of optimizing growth & profitability.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a background of strong financial acumen & applied knowledge of customer acquisition cost (CAC), payback period measurement, lifetime value (LTV), & all related concepts.
- Play a critical role in driving the companys financial planning process, building relationships to garner participation/buy-in of key stakeholders across the organization.
- Maintain monthly, quarterly, & yearly P&L forecasting, & prepare capital budgeting & re-forecasting, including cash/working capital.
- Lead the development of detailed monthly reporting & analytics. Develop recommendations & provide upper management with insightful commentary on business performance & deliver actionable recommendations.
- Drive consistent & best-in-class processes across business units. Work with individual business unit leaders to drive integration of financial information & analysis & identify smart actions & mitigate any potential risk.
- Partner with our internal Accounting team on monthly close process, financial reporting, & preparation of GAAP financial statements.
- Prepare material for board of directors & investor relations activities.
- 5+ years of finance & strategic analysis experience in FP&A at a high growth company
- Experience with monthly/quarterly/annual accounting processes
- Experience building financial models from scratch
- Experience in saas/subscription/recurring revenue
- Ability to understand, interpret, & summarize large quantities of complex data
- Excellent excel & powerpoint skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex topics concisely & clearly in a written or verbal format
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study preferred, MBA a plus
- Experience with financial planning & business intelligence tools a plus
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.