What You'll Do:
As Payroll & People Analytics Manager, you will support & manage all aspects of the employee payroll process from preparation, records maintenance, & monthly financial reporting. You will help shape the payroll function of a rapidly expanding organization both domestically & in new international markets.
- Process bi-weekly & semi-monthly payroll for Vias US subsidiaries. In doing so, work closely with the People Operations team to ensure accurate & timely reflection of payroll changes.
- Liaise with site managers to ensure timely review & approval of hourly employee time sheets, including assessment of PTO. Manage the process of accurate transfer of time sheet information into our payroll systems.
- Work in tandem with our payroll provider to understand tax requirements for new jurisdictions, changes in wage & tax laws, & other regulatory changes that may impact Via payroll. You will be the primary lead in setting up new payroll tax accounts for Vias expansion cities & states.
- Process monthly global payroll in partnership with international payroll providers
- Perform periodic audits of the payroll system data to ensure accuracy of employee pay information. Design & implement process improvements & internal controls to the payroll process.
- Perform ad-hoc projects, reporting & account reconciliations, & other assignments as needed to support broader team
- Work closely with Benefits Manager to ensure accurate benefit deductions & record keeping
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial reporting process as it relates to payroll related items. Produce additional reporting as needed for other internal & external reporting purposes on employee headcount & payroll related information.
- Work closely with Finance, Legal, & People Ops to identify partners, & implement payroll processes
- Assist in developing & implementing new & enhanced analytical & reporting methods to support broader teams
- Monitor & maintain accuracy of employee data for reporting purposes
- Respond to employee questions & concerns as it relates to their pay
- In performing the above, exercise the highest degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information & employee privacy initiatives.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of relevant payroll experience
- Passionate about improving processes & developing innovative solutions
- Proven excellence in developing / revamping internal operations
- Mature, reliable, able to make independent decisions, & to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you dont shy away from the details & youre committed to completing each task with a high degree of accuracy
- Tech savvy, with a strong understanding of the landscape of HRIS systems & proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Have demonstrated experience in partnering with internal teams & managing a variety of different stakeholders
- Have a flexible approach with proven skills in problem solving, judgment, critical thinking & attention to detail
- Are an excellent communicator; good written & oral communication skills with the ability to interact & communicate at all levels
- Bachelors Degree with a strong academic record.
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.