The Field Quality Engineer is the product quality representative connecting the field with the Operations, Manufacturing, & Design teams within Peloton. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, & communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnosis, & solve issues alongside our field operations team. Your quick response brings immediate issue awareness & drives resolution to resolve & prevent issues. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the UK & requires up to 30% European travel.
- Analyze Customer Support, Field Operations, & COQ trends & work with Hardware Engineering, Sustaining Design & Manufacturing teams to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause & corrective actions.
- Manage Field Failure Analysis process (identify, route & triage field failures) in coordination with Logistics & Operations teams.
- Support launch of new products & lead Early Field Failure Analysis process
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, & trends to all functions including suppliers.
- Work closely with the UK, US, & Taiwan teams to drive & close corrective actions in order to improve product quality.
- Assist Data Analytics in defining & optimizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate program statuses to the broader management team.
- Define efficient quality rework procedures, if required. Coordinate resources & equipment & execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop & gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations & at supplier
- Communicate results of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Responsible for the creation, implementation & revision control of Standard Operating Procedures to be provided to Customer Support, Field Technicians, & other parties.
- Establish quality standards in line with US Quality team & deploy to internal & external field operations teams. Establish means of continual improvement for best practices & reporting.
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5 + years experience in similar consumer product environment
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Proven track record for driving & closing cross-disciplinary projects
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements & is forward-looking
- Experience in a multinational environment a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.