Were seeking an exceptional Product Manager to join our Wedding Planning Tools team.
Our team is responsible for a growing collection of easy-to-use, delightful software solutions that help couples plan their wedding. Our team functions like a startup within a startup since were always looking to launch new products & features that help solve our users pain points. Were looking for an analytical & creative thinker who can help continue growing this category for Zola.
The ultimate goal as the Product Manager will be to collaborate with cross-functional partners in order to grow the number of couples using these products by creating the best, & most impactful customer experience. Were looking for someone who can both sweat the details & tie them back to the big picture. The successful candidate should be equally comfortable talking tech with developers, brand positioning with marketing, & talking strategy with executive leadership.
The Product Manager will execute on the vision of the business, anticipate & make trade-offs, deliver an amazing customer experience, prioritize everything there is to do, all while keeping the business & customer needs top of mind. Youre a problem solver & have a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams & manage multiple projects at the same time. Lastly, you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- Drive the roadmap for Zolas Wedding Planning Tools
- Prioritize new products & key features that make the biggest impact to the Companys user growth & business goals
- Communicate projects to key stakeholders of all levels
- Analyze & report on performance of features
- Project manage initiatives across multiple products
- Deeply understand the customer & think creatively about how to serve them
- Conduct user interviews & testing to better understand how customers interact with current products & potential future products
- Dissect customer frustrations with wedding planning & identify ways to turn pain points into joy
- Partner with Marketing, Growth & other teams to continuously improve customer retention
- Monitor & analyze feature performance & KPIs
- Understand technical constraints & know where to push the boundaries
- Research competitors & the broader market to evaluate opportunistic projects based on new technologies or market trends
Our ideal candidate loves both building & optimizing, as well as strategizing & doing. You are a structured & creative thinker, & you are able to toggle easily between the big themes & the little details. You are comfortable in SQL, BI Tools, & Google Analytics, & you can prove your ability to learn new systems & processes quickly.
- 2-3 years of product management experience in a fast-paced environment, consumer focused startup or experience in a fast-paced analytical role
- Exceptional technical, business & customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, & customer-obsessed
- Superior written & verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Deep empathy for the customer & problem solving for them
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love. Headquartered in NYC & launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, & registry, all in one place.
We've raised over $140 million in financing, & we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, & Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors & partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, & Host Committee, among many others.