Company Description Job Description
Are you looking to kick start your career within an international software product company? Then our Data Engineer role for fresh graduates will be a fantastic opportunity for you.
Denodo is a fantastic place to begin your career. We are the leader in Data Virtualization & we are embracing a culture that puts people first, where everyone has the opportunity to own their career & make a contribution towards the modern change, & is given the space to grow personally & professionally.
At Denodo we focus on attracting, retaining & developing people who are committed to doing their best & deliver on their promises. We are looking for people who value different perspectives, who build sustainable relationships & who dare to shape the future & want to make a difference.
Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth paths & direct mentorship.
Your mission will be to help & assist our clients & partners to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption & productive use of Denodo's Data Virtualization capability to provide modern solutions for agile data delivery to empower people.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication & coordination skills between clients & internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
· Education, coaching & support during the introduction as well as ongoing projects of the Denodo Platform to achieve high level of client satisfaction.
· Diagnose & resolve client's inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
· Participate in problem escalation & call prevention projects to help clients & other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
· Contribute to knowledge management activities & promote best practices for project execution.
· Implement product demos & pilots to showcase Data Virtualization in enterprise scenarios, cloud deployments & Big Data projects.
· Provide timely, prioritized & complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client's business cases, requirements & issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience Range: Open to Fresh Graduates (must be top-ranked & exceptionally qualified)
· University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Master)
· Understanding of Data Integration flavours
· Solid understanding of SQL & good grasp of relational & analytical database management theory & practice. Good knowledge of software development & architectural patterns.
· Technical skills include Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs, experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, git).
· Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
· Basic experience in Big Data, NoSQL, & InMemory environments is welcome.
· Basic experience in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP...) is welcome.
· Personal & Relationship qualities: Professional curiosity & the ability to enable yourself in new technologies & tasks. Active listener. Curiosity & continuous learning. Creativity. Team worker.
· Communications: Good written/verbal communication skills in English (other international languages a plus) are essential for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings & writing technical documentation.
· Willingness to travel.