Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
Does your ideal job involve working with petabytes of data or constructing data pipes that operate over widely diverse industries? Are you passionate about how your work has a tangible impact on the bottom line for each of our clients?
As a Senior Data Engineer at Simon, youll immediately dive into a system of multiple streaming & batch pipelines. Youll use your readiness to seek complete solutions with a passion for building fault-tolerant & highly available systems.
The Simon Data pipes are the backbone of our platform & critical to our clients success. You will play a pivotal role in our ability to sustainably & rapidly move the data that powers our platform to engage with hundreds of millions of customers -- sending over billions of messages annually.
What You'll Do
- Build, scale, & own data pipelines using batch & streaming tools like Python, Spark, Kinesis, Redshift, Snowflake, & Elasticsearch or using new technologies to achieve the desired outcome
- Architect & develop new data products for clients like new reporting capabilities or data transformation tooling
- Construct the platform & tools for our clients to self serve their data engineering needs on the Simon system
- Contribute to an ecosystem to address evolving requirements of scale!
- Develop expertise in profiling & debugging AWS services to define performant usage patterns
- Collaborate daily with a group of your peers, all of whom are passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, & continuous improvement
- Participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer efficiency to security to the best Gary Oldman movie!
- Be a part of establishing our mark in Open Source Software as well as promoting & sharing it at conferences locally & nationwide
- At least 4 years of demonstrated ability crafting, deploying & owning several substantive data engineering or analysis projects with company-wide impact
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, program management, as well as Dev/Tech Ops)
- Proficient with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.