Senior ML Engineer, CV, AI@Unity - Bellevue, WA
Using our industry-leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products centered around running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we build will impact multiple industries such as Robotics & Autonomous Vehicles, & contribute to the advancement of the field of Artificial Intelligence.
We are developing a ground-breaking ML operations platform, one specialized in demonstrating the power of real time 3D to solve difficult problems in computer vision. Success for us looks like enabling a single ML developer customer to build a production-level computer vision model with a limited set of real world images. In order to achieve this objective, we must make significant investments in simulation & ML infrastructure & 3D simulation tools & content.
In this role you will advance our CV roadmap through the creation of ML models based on our products & drive development of the product to optimize for these use cases. You are an engineer whos passionate about machine learning in general, but also passionate about the role our Unity realtime 3D engine & distributed services can play to advance the field of Computer Vision. Our product vision is being developed as we learn from our customers, & you will help us turn our goals into a product reality, win customer mindshare, & turn Unity into a leader in the Computer Vision industry!
What youll be doing
- Develop ML models for computer vision leveraging synthetic data as a data source
- Craft & build highly available, secure, microservices in container based architectures for ML pipelines
- Take part in cross-team technical discussions, investigate complex problems, research & collaborate on solutions
- Build public-facing material such as blog posts & samples based on projects
- Provide technical mentorship on the best practices for developing high-quality machine learning models & analyzing data.
What we are looking for
- Experience in developing production-level ML models & infrastructure
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, & software design
- Track record of designing robust APIs, writing clean code, doing peer code reviews
- Experience with modern CI/CD & testing frameworks
- A phenomenal listener, collaborator, communicator, & mentor
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, or an equivalent technical field
- Experience in groups that have developed or made use of synthetic data for computer vision, speech, NLP, or other use cases
Life at Unity
Unity is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,400+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.