As an early member of our engineering team, youll have a direct impact on the success of Zero by building out our core foundations. Dealing with distributed systems, financial transactions, security, computer vision, & machine learning means your job will be as exciting as it is fulfilling.
- Working with stakeholders inside & outside of Zero to define problems & codify requirements.
- Design & implement software, in constant collaboration with the rest of Zero's engineering team.
- Build systems that perform, scale, can't be compromised, & manage themselves using DevOps.
- Being passionate about building the best financial services out there.
- Performing banking operations with reliability, speed, scalability, & security
- Determining customer eligibility & preventing fraud
- Predicting customers' future balances based on past income, expenses & spending trends
- Neverending threat analysis for attempted intrusion breaches as well as fraudsters
- Computer Science degree (or equivalent), or certification in relevant backend-related technologies
- Excellence in programming, including mastery of at least one object-oriented language & its ecosystem & of object-oriented principles & patterns (there's Python & Java here, & there may be more), as well as comfort with other paradigms
- Solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP & REST
- Fluent in extreme programming practices & agile development, ruthless in testing, & eager to deliver as early & often as possible
- Experience building distributed systems & working in a microservice-oriented infrastructure
- Enthusiastic collaborator & clear & precise communicator in speech & writing inside & outside of Engineering
- A track record of successful, substantial projects
- Technical experience related to credit cards, banking or other areas of FinTech.
- Expertise in information security
- Facility with front-end web development
- Experience with AWS, GCE, Docker, Kubernetes, & DevOps (automation-centric systems administration)
- We pay 100% of your medical, dental, & vision premiums
- Well provide whatever equipment you need to succeed
- Lunch & breakfast expenses paid
- Standing desks for everyone
- A beautiful office with a large kitchen filled with a variety of drinks, coffee, snacks, & breakfast sandwiches
Zero is a next-gen fintech company disrupting consumer banking through beautiful design, innovative features, & a business model that allows us to offer better economics to customers than traditional banks. Zero combines the simplicity of a debit card with the cash back of a credit card. Your money is safe & secure in an FDIC-insured checking account & you earn a high-yield on your deposits & unlimited 1% to 3% cash back on your purchases with Zerocard, a World Mastercard. There are no foreign transaction fees, annual fees, account minimums, or monthly maintenance fees, & our support team in California is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. According to the New York Times, Zero is "a better overall offer than almost any credit card." Our team has launched successful products in prior roles at companies including Apple, Capital One, Dropbox, Shift, & Zynga. Zero is backed by leading investors including New Enterprise Associates, Silicon Valley Bank, Signalfire, Eniac Ventures, & Nyca Partners.