Imagine a world dedicated to Security Without Compromise. Synack, headquartered in Silicon Valley with regional offices around the world, has protected over 100 global organizations by reducing companies security risk & increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the worlds best & most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful & controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise. At Synack, we arent afraid to think outside the box or take on big challenges. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, & Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems.
Are you ready to leverage your development skills to build a platform that will impact cyber security? As a systems engineer, you will be part of a fast-paced team & gain exposure to the newest technologies in security. If you have a knack for coding challenges & love finding a solution, youll fit right in with us! Sounds like you? Keep reading
Heres what you'll do
- Work on a L3-L7 traffic management security platform
- Build high-performance, resilient, scalable cloud-based software, utilizing microservices architecture & containers
- Take software through CICD all the way to production & own its availability
- Utilize AWS, GCP platforms: from running containers to integrating with hosted services
- Adopt new technologies as needed
- Identify CPU or I/O bound bottlenecks across components
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team, contribute to multiple projects, work with Product, Operations, Devops
Here's what you'll need
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Production system level programming experience with C/C++, Go is a plus--we code in Go, if you dont know it, well teach you
- Advanced networking such as routing, IP subnetting, basic network design, etc
- Solid engineering fundamentals (concurrency, non-blocking I/O, resilience, availability, performance, load balancing, synchronous & asynchronous programming models, etc)
- Databases (SQL or no-SQL)
Nice to haves
- Security experience including understanding of TLS / Firewalls
- Experience with application performance monitoring (APM) tools
- VPN technologies: OpenVPN, IPSec
Its all hands-on deck, its hard work, its winning, its Synack. Join us!
Synack is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.