Manager, Security Engineering
HubSpot is maturing its Security Engineering Team & needs a talented security expert to define, implement, & manage a team of dedicated engineers that will power this function as it grows in importance.
Security is a critical part of HubSpots solution & its culture. We believe that it is the responsibility of each & every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, & ensure regulatory compliance. Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, & it is a priority on everyones agenda. HubSpots Security Team develops the ideas, approach, & responses to keeping our customers & employees safe.
You will manage a team of high performing engineers while continuing to work with leadership to innovate our security program. By working with other groups, such as Product, Engineering & Business Enablement, you will perform the role of a strategic thinker & have the operational gravitas to run one of the most critical technical functions in the company.
In this role, youll get to:
- Lead a team of security engineering professionals responsible for planning, design, implementation & ongoing support of security systems of high complexity to fulfill the business needs.
- Instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security program while ensuring that business requirements are understood & adhered to, & security risks in new & existing infrastructure are properly understood & mitigated.
- Develop & integrate the eng tools to support the Security Operations Center
- Provide leadership & direction in the integration & implementation of bleeding-edge security technologies & utilizing a risk-based approach to properly test & introduce them into the overall environment.
- Recruit, develop, & retain a talented group of technology professionals for these core security engineering & operations functions.
What you will bring:
- Vast knowledge & experience in security engineering with considerable direct people management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to Cyber Security & Security Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge in advanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) tactics & mitigation/disruption techniques.
- Experience with Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) & criminal actors & advanced knowledge of associated Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTP)
- An ability to build an inclusive team dynamic, mentoring & motivating staff, communicating goals & other corporate initiatives & driving results.
- Certifications in CISSP, CCSP, CCIE-Security, or CEH highly desirable
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify & whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, & wed love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software & systems that power the worlds small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, & employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, & transparency. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, & learn about our commitment to creating a diverse & inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, & more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. Were headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, & we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), & Bogot (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, & related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, & the rights you can exercise over HubSpots use of your personal information.