Boxed is the better way to shop for bulk pantry items & household goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxeds app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant group of engineers, designers, marketers, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
Boxed for Business consists of Small-to-Medium (SMB), Enterprise, & Commercial businesses. This year we embarked on an ambitious transformation journey with a core focus on accelerating B2B Platform growth & unlocking greater spend penetration within pantry consumables. This high-impact role will work with customers, prospects, partners, & other senior leaders within the business & the industry.
As the VP of B2B, you will report to the President of the eCommerce business & have a unique opportunity to collaborate with C-suite executives & colleagues across the company to accelerate B2Bs ambitious growth goals. You will be responsible for owning the B2B P&L, setting & scaling B2Bs expansion strategy, growing the Sales & Business Development team, & leading cross-functional roadmaps with stakeholders from Marketing, Merchandising, Technology, Finance & Accounting & Legal.
- Own the B2B P&L Must be able to collaborate with Finance to manage & forecast ongoing business performance
- Own end-to-end business development for all B2B segments
- Create acquisition strategies across SMB, Enterprise & Commercial to accelerate growth in key industry verticals
- Work closely with Marketing on demand generation at scale while leading the sales & BD team to source new Enterprise & Commercial opportunities
- Lead all aspects of business development Pipeline development, customer prospecting, pitching & selling, deal negotiation, RFP responses, contracting, etc
- Recruit, train, & develop the sales & BD team to achieve their revenue goals
- Establish key KPIs throughout the sales & BD cycle & the appropriate compensation model for the sales team
- Identify gaps in current sales tools & processes Optimize the sales cycles before, during, & after & find ways to enable the team to focus on new revenue generation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, by leveraging competitive insights, customer needs & market knowledge, to develop & lead a roadmap of enhancements that will maximize our value exchange with the customers
- Acquisition / demand generation
- Retention marketing & loyalty
- B2B assortment expansion
- User experience improvements
- Platform solutions & features
- Fulfillment operations
- Customer success enablement
- Produce & present regular business updates to senior leadership & Board of Directors.
- 12+ years of B2B business development & partnership experience
- Experience in eCommerce and/or consumer goods strongly preferred
- Strong Professional Services, Education, Healthcare, & Hospitality contacts in rolodex
- Ability to lead & close complex deals & negotiations
- Sharp commercial acumen & established track record of developing winning relationships, product, & business strategies
- Demonstrated experience in leading & building high performing teams
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit & thrives in a fast-paced environment; willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done & no job is too small
- A rigorous & data-centric leader with strong thought leadership; ability to drive insight-based decision making
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills with familiarity presenting to senior executive audiences
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills. This is highly visible with significant interaction with employees at all levels, so the ability to influence others is key.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
- Pet-friendly office.