Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity & variety that is rarely matched. Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs & ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications & create robust & scalable solutions.
The position is responsible for the maintenance of the Data Services platform, design & development of various data as services platform components for internal use by Data Lake & different development teams. The position is also responsible for the end to end implementation which includes maintaining the project schedule, tasks, dependencies, coordination with other groups & the management of the vendor development resources. The data services platform consists of web & web services components developed using Java/J2EE & messaging technologies.
- Take complete end-to-end ownership ofapplication.
- Translate business requirements & source system understanding into technical solutions
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements & propose solutions
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules & algorithms
- Development & Implementation of the proposed solution
- Identify or develop software frameworks to be used
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable & scalable
- Come up with Coding & Design best practices
- Lead & mentor a small team
- Develop Test Automation scripts & Automate Deployment of various Data services components
- Develop code that follows established coding guidelines & Visa security standards
- Work independently & responsible for the unit testing of various data as services platform components.
- Author design, build & installation documentations
- Work closely with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot & fix issues that cause impact to customers
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of development using Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience working with modern JS frameworks like Angular/React.
- Strong knowledge in designing & writing RESTful web services
- Working Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem/Big Data Stack, Map/Reduce Framework, Spark is a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL Graph databases like Neo4j would be a plus
- Experience with RDBMS & SQL development is expected
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, & data structures is a must
- Process oriented with strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Work independently & mentor others in the team & with minimal supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects & change direction mid-course based on business drivers
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR, JQuery
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Experience in implementing Elastic Search is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas & to document in a clear & concise way
- Experience using version control & bug tracking tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.