The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager & intellectually curious Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Lead who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to join our growing team. This role will primarily focus on all aspects of reporting & technical accounting matters. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, & help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly & annual objectives.
We expect the Reporting Lead to be an important member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. The successful candidate will combine a strong technical accounting foundation, related reporting experience, & the desire to learn & develop their skills.
This role reports into the Corporate Controller in our New York headquarters.
- Preparation & analysis of monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements for internal reporting purposes
- Preparation of quarterly & annual financial statements in accordance with SEC rules for external reporting purposes (10Qs & 10K)
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility on a quarterly & annual basis
- Continue to develop reporting processes, procedures & documentation & internal controls over financial reporting
- Research & document conclusions related to technical accounting issues & developments
- Assist the rest of the accounting team with certain monthly close activities
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participation in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience in general accounting functions, including direct experience with external reporting in accordance with SEC
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP & SEC best practices related to financial reporting
- Strong analytical & creative problem solving abilities
- Experience with Netsuite General Ledger & Workiva a huge plus
- Experience with international consolidations also a huge plus
- Excellent time & self-management skills, ability to prioritize & multitask to meet tight deadlines required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA required
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.