We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger provides teams across the country team management & scorekeeping capabilities, allowing coaches & athletes to stay connected with the team community. We also generate live fan experiences that keep parents, family, & friends huddled around the GC digital campfire as games are announced, animated, & streamed in real-time. With GameChanger, coaches & parents are able to organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way, all at the power of their fingertips.
GameChanger is a cutting-edge technology company & the uncontested leader in our space. We are based in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will play a meaningful role on the team building the core services & production systems that power our next generation of sports community applications. This work spans the backend development, database management, CI / CD, cloud scaling automation, security, & tools to improve developer efficiency & quality of life. You should have an interest in building systems that are performant, stable, secure, & massively scalable.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a small team of collaborative, polyglot engineers.
- Contribute to the backend infrastructure & APIs supporting our family mobile & web applications, used by millions of active users.
- Help improve an automated, zero down-time build-to-deploy pipeline.
- Automate auto-scaling in the AWS hosted infrastructure.
- Architect & build frameworks & services to be used by multiple customer-facing teams.
- Teach & learn with engineers across the company.
- Be an advocate for responsible engineering practices (such as automated testing & security consciousness).
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or sufficient equivalent experience to have developed software engineering fundamentals.
- Proven track record of building highly scalable backend systems.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Experience mentoring engineers.
- Ability & interest in learning new technologies.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, & dependent life.
- Disability leave - short term disability & long term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICKS Sporting Goods Employee Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.