WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
Due to the growth of our business, we are looking to add a Junior Project Manager to our finance team! Our ideal candidate will be a master of details, organization & prioritization & bring an entrepreneurial, positive attitude to their work every day.
- Gather & document requirements (both operational & technological), using an RTM model & in conjunction with SMEs & Stakeholders
- Gain agreement on project objectives with SMEs & Stakeholders
- Process-flow current, transitional & future states of assigned engagements
- Develop & document project plan, including: WBS, task relationships & dependencies, develop timeline, assign resources (including external), delineate phases (if applicable)
- For the projects to which assigned:
- Monitor & manage project progress for the duration of the project lifecycle, including holding project teams (both internal & external members) to task deadlines, perform interim reviews of deliverable prototypes (as applicable), socializing the solution with Users, identifying project issues, managing change & change impact(s), communicating status to senior management & stakeholders via status meetings, executive summaries, & presentations using office productivity tools.
- Facilitate communication between project team members, as needed.
- Create & document test cases for User Testing.
- Facilitate & report on User Testing status; Track & report on any re-work that may be required
- Plan & facilitate requirements & conditions required for successful cut-over\implementation
- 4-year degree in business or related IT field
- 1 2 years experience managing operational or IT projects using formal\informal PM methodologies
- Strong Communicator Written, verbal & presentation skills
- Organizational Skills Ability to organize workload in a coherent, consistent & disciplined manner
- Time Management Must be able to manage ones time effectively & efficiently across multiple projects
- Entrepreneurial Mentality Must be able to take initiative & drive for tangible results related to dispatchto think & work outside of the box when applicable.
- Customer Mindset Ability to employ a think like a customer mentality both internally & externally when executing the role & responsibilities;
- Trainable Must be willing to accept instruction from senior practitioners. Must have a proven record of continuing education, in whatever form or business discipline
- Problem\Out of the box thinking Must be able to work through business & project initiatives using accumulated business acumen & creative possibility thinking. Ability to fully engage in problem solving\brain-storming solution sessions
- Personal Awareness\Emotional Intellect Must possess & practice personal awareness & emotional intellect that would allow the individual to represent the role, the team, & the company in a positive manner, including inter-office communications.
- Technology Must be familiar with the Microsoft Suite of tools, as well as, Google business applications.
- Exposure to formal Waterfall & Agile PM methodologies, practices & tools a plus!
- Experience using Microsoft Project a plus!
- Experience using Microsoft Visio a plus!
- Experience with ERP Systems a plus
- Experience\understanding of data management & sharing models (SFTP, EDI, etc.) a plus
- Change Management Experience a plus!
- Customer facing\service experience a plus!