Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
The Business Development Representative team is a critical component of our go-to-market strategy & presents an outstanding opportunity to learn fundamental sales skills in preparation for an exciting career in software sales. We are looking for a high achieving self-starter who embodies excellent business judgment, leadership, & technical savviness to join our sales team as an intern.
As an intern, you will be apart of the overall Twilio Intern Program. You will work on fun & challenging projects that make a real impact on our customers & revenue. Youll develop & apply skills that will impact your career in a meaningful way. Youll have the opportunity to hang out with & get advice & mentorship from our executives & leaders, both inside & outside the office. Youll participate in fun intern outings, & learn what it means to work at a values driven company.
Twilio is looking for a Sales intern who lives the Twilio Magic & is looking to explore a career in a Sales organization. They also have:
- An insatiable curiosity to learn about Twilio & our customers.
- Ability to understand & articulate the Twilio API.
- Determination, grit, & hustle. You are relentless in pursuing goals & solving problems.
- Ultimately identify high value opportunities for the New Business sales team from the customers you connect with.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, & professional communication skills.
- Current undergraduate student at a 4-year university in Junior standing
- Technical Aptitude - enthusiasm for technology & learning new concepts
- BE BOLD: Twilio is looking for a Sales Intern to join the team. Were looking for a hungry, ambitious, & talented individual who has a passion for communications & wants to start their sales career at a world-class sales organization.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES & EMPOWER OTHERS: You are right for this role if youre excited by working with customers, exceeding key performance metrics, & contributing back to the team through various leadership initiatives.
- BE AN OWNER: You are a results-oriented individual who is excited by the prospect of fueling the continued growth & success of Twilio by growing our sales pipeline. You have a can do attitude & are relentless in pursuing goals & solving problems.
As an intern you will:
- Work closely with the Sales team
- Learn fundamental sales skills
- Become an expert on Twilios platform
- Get in-depth exposure to Twilios business model
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base & bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits & enterprises to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 950 East Paces Ferry Road NE in the Buckhead district. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, massages, monthly All Hands & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.