At ACV Auctions, we arent just good for business; we are a good business. Our executive team is pioneering new technology for the automotive industry & is committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the industry & a preferred employer in the Buffalo area. Winner of the prestigious 43North Business Plan Competition ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity having an impact on the companys results from day one & grow as ACV Auctions does.
Who we are looking for:
The Staff Accountant will support the implementation of a daily reconciliation process & reports to the Manager of Corporate Accounting. This position will handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment.
What you will do:
- Typical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Record cash related transactions in the general ledger
- Perform bank & credit card account reconciliations
- Calculate & process monthly closing journal entries
- Perform other asset, liability, and/or equity account reconciliations
- Perform reconciliations for various Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable clearing accounts
- Work collaboratively with the Payments department in identifying issues related to reconciling items
What you will need:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Accounting required.
- Ability to learn in a fast paced changing environment.
- Experience & proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Experience & proficiency in NetSuite or related financial ERP systems preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills & ability to identify possible solutions to business problems.
- Takes initiative to identify issues then research & recommend solutions.
- Strong analytical & organizational skills.
- Attention to detail & accuracy.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat innovated culture
- Eligibility for StartUpNY (NYS income tax exemption)
- Professional training opportunities
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.