Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Director of Investor Relations will be DigitalOceans point person for all interactions with the investment community. You will play an important role in shaping the financial narrative of DigitalOcean & will act as the voice of the investor internally. You will also be critical in building & expanding DigitalOceans long term investor base, liaising with existing shareholders as well as identifying & marketing to new prospective investors.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Creating a strategic investor relations plan, identifying key potential shareholders & developing an investor message which is in line with DigitalOceans goals & values
- Building relationships in the investor community with both existing shareholders as well as new
- Providing investor insights & perspectives to the Executive team
- Proactively educating the investor community on DOs operations & objectives
- Assisting in the development, tracking & reporting of key operational & financial metrics working closely with FP&A & operating units
- Responsible for maintaining & updating guidance model, as well as tracking performance against expectations. Understand best practices for target setting & reporting of key operating metrics.
- Crafting presentations, press releases, & talking points for all investor-facing material
- Collaborating with Product, Finance, Marketing, Legal to ensure communicators are aligned with company strategy
- Maintaining competitive analysis & tracking peer benchmarks
- Assessing the mix of the investor base & creating plans to target & attract long-term investors, to expand & maintain key investors ownership positions
What We Expect From You:
- Demonstrated ability of building strong relationships in the investor community
- Monitor industry trends & provide practical & meaningful Investor Relations support to senior management including counseling & advising executives in regard to conference calls, external presentations, financial releases, & investor visits
- Proactive, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal & written skills, who is capable of building strong relationships with colleagues & external partners
- Highly entrepreneurial & able to work at a fast pace
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy & precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized & resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, & excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology & genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Previous experience with SaaS/subscription business models preferred
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes & meet deadlines
- Financial analysis and/or accounting background strongly preferred
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!