Partner Solutions Engineer New York
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for a new Partner Solutions Engineer who is responsible for supporting partner revenue growth & success by helping partners understand, assess & build with the Twilio platform to deliver the next generation of enterprise software & services practices. As a Partner Solutions Engineer, you will responsible for delivering the technical win & product fit at ISV & reseller accounts. You will also be responsible for enabling systems integrators to successfully co-sell with Twilio.
The Twilio Partner Solutions Engineer is both highly technical & a skilled relationship builder. You will be working with partners who have maturing technical expertise, & you will need to collaborate with them across multiple technical threads, such as use case design, engineering team education, new technologies pilots & more.
Twilio is looking for a Partner Solutions Engineer with a proven track record in a technical pre-sales role.
- 5+ years pre-sales experience selling a complex, technical product
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate & creative problem solver with know how to get things done & ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator & presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an enterprises communications needs & guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Cloud platform experience (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is helpful
- Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, & Security experience is a plus
*You will be traveling 20-30% of the time with this role
A typical daily activity for you includes:
- Be a trusted technical advisor to Twilio partners building commercial, enterprise-quality apps & practices on the Twilio platform.
- Prototyping & building/presenting demos using Twilio technologies
- Demonstrate your React experience speaking with a partner about Twilio Flex
- Assist with partner hackathons & show your understanding of commercial software development practices, methodologies, & tools.
- Understand partner requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud communications technology.
- Quickly learn new products & new technologies.
- Coach the design & deployment of partner software solutions
- Drive, design & document technical design reviews & marketecture to show partners how to leverage specific Twilio functional to build out product use cases.
- Distill & communicate partner needs & product feedback to partner technical strategy lead.
- Excellent presentation, demonstration, & inter-personal communication skills; experienced speaker at company events.
The Twilio Partner Team is on a mission to hire the very best & to create exceptional employee experiences. You will have an incredible impact in the partner space & your role is integral into growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable & thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco & other offices in Bogot, Denver, Dublin, Hong Kong, Irvine, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore & Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.