Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Finance partners with teams across Visa to provide accurate, reliable & timely support for business transactions & decisions. The Visa Finance team is committed to leading by example while encouraging growth & fiscal integrity.
We strive to provide excellent service, which to us means having:
- Consistent policies, processes & systems
- Timely, effective & cost efficient execution
- A highly responsive customer-service mentality
As a Finance Intern you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series' led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Finance Team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
Supports Visa through the cost-effective procurement of goods & services, while minimizing contractually based risk.
- Lead daily activities within the purchasing process, ensuring procurement of supplies, equipment, & services for businesses/business partners in accordance to Purchasing policies & procedures
- Review Contracts for completeness
- Conduct Supplier Risk tasks, including monitoring the Risk queue
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Rising juniors or seniors
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Access & SharePoint or Visio
- Accounting & analytical/analysis skills
- Strategic thinker with exceptional analytical skills
- Strong written & oral communication
- Skills in MS Excel, Tableau, Access & Hyperion, & strong skills in PowerPoint
- Attention to detail & accuracy are extremely critical
- Ability to work with large amounts of data & organize in a logical & efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams & produce time sensitive deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment with changing priorities
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.