Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Chris Voss, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
An experienced Staff Product Designer who will be the design owner of large initiatives & a strategic partner to the Growth team & the org at large. They have proven skills in interaction design, visual design, & UX best practices. They are comfortable owning all stages of design. They collaborate well with UX Researchers, Product, & Engineering to design & implement simple solutions to challenging & highly complex problems. Theyre skilled communicators who apply an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving. They amplify surrounding team members & are role models for designers on the team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own end-to-end user journey & all aspects of design execution from vision, ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production
- Partner strategically with Product, Engineering, Marketing, UX Research, & Data Science to drive team strategy, product decisions, & roadmap priorities
- Partner closely with our Design Systems team, to create scalable design frameworks & solutions
- Lead a compelling vision for your product area while creating space for others to collaborate
- Let users lead the way & let their needs guide you to the best solutions that also support our business objectives.
- Provide mentorship & design feedback to other design team members
- 7+ years of digital product design experience, with at least 2 years in a growth-specific role
- Proven track record of successfully leading design functions across a product area
- Mastery of your craft including strong visual design skills, interaction design skills, prototyping, & UX best practices
- Attention to detail & strong visual awareness & sensibilities
- Ability to own the end-to-end design process from initial concept to final implementation
- Accustomed to working in a collaborative cross-disciplinary environment & partnering with UX Research, Product, & Engineering to drive & influence product decisions & strategy
- Comfortable with ambiguity & have demonstrated the ability to bring clarity & structure to complex systems or user experience challenges
- Experience designing experiments using hypotheses to drive solutions & apply qualitative & quantitative data to make design decisions.
- Highly developed presentation & storytelling skills
- Experience providing thoughtful, direct, & clear design feedback
- Familiarity with proven & emerging tools for interface design & prototyping, including Figma
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.