At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Operations Associate to help coordinate the operations of warehouse associates, drivers, & mechanics on the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in San Diego. You will report to an Operations Manager, & work together to ensure reliability & availability of our scooter fleet, as well as overall operational excellence for the local micromobility program. This job is based in our San Diego, CA warehouse. This role works a variable schedule including days, nights, weekends, & holidays.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint, & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Manage daily operations of our central warehouse & maintenance facility
- With guidance from Operations Leads, successfully run shifts across staffing agency crew supervision, repair & warehouse flow, fleet management, ground operations, & administrative duties
- Oversee, dispatch, & route field associates to pickup, deploy, & reposition the scooter fleet
- Report on shift operations; leave detailed & relevant handover notes for the next shift lead & keep management & staffing representatives abreast of any relevant updates
- Coordinate scheduling & tools for staffing, data accuracy, & daily productivity
- Monitor & maintain operational & quality metrics to evaluate performance
- Occasionally perform physical tasks including moving, charging, & maintaining scooters
- Collaborate with our field team to troubleshoot any potential issues & communicate solutions to Operations team
- Help brainstorm, test & implement ideas for improving the rider experience & making behind-the-scenes operations more efficient & consistent
- Experience working in a complex, fast-moving, rapidly changing environment such as a distribution center, warehouse, restaurant, or delivery operation
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a make it happen attitude
- Obsessed with process improvement
- Track record of working cross-functionally & influencing without authority
- Strong team player but comfortable making decisions independently
- Proficiency with common technology tools like smartphones, Slack, Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc. preferred
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed including working nights, weekends, holidays, & shift-based schedules
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.