What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, & Germany, & the new Poland location will act as a global engineering & product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
About the team:
The Governance Engineering team is responsible for developing new features to enable customers to manage high-value content in Box with automated content lifecycle tools that reduce compliance, privacy & litigation risk. Our goal is to build a powerful best-of-breed cloud stack with a single content layer. That way, our customers can connect the content flow across their favorite business apps. We are a fast-paced & high impact team that is helping Box & our customers build world-class enterprise compliance solutions. If this sounds like an exciting challenge to you, come join us.
To transform the way critical business content is governed in the cloud in order to reduce regulatory, legal, & compliance risk for organizations.
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineering Manager, ideally leading teams owning high-scale production services
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with an understanding of best practices
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Experience driving effective execution with agile processes in a highly dynamic environment
- Have pragmatic experience decomposing monolithic applications into service oriented architectures
- Act like an owner & strive to do work you're proud of, both technically & in your team interactions
- Able to model & cultivate a collaborative inclusive culture
- Strong communicator, able to build a compelling vision for their team
- Must speak English proficiently
Nice to see:
- Production experience building/supporting Java or microservices
- Leading cross-functional projects
- Managing multiple teams or managing through leads/managers
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time zones
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
What youll do:
- Partner with Product Management, Business Development & Engineering leaders to build a compelling vision & roadmap for Compliance Engineering
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners & stakeholders to ensure the team is delivering true business impact
- Cultivate a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on execution, quality, & scale
- Guide the professional growth of engineers, providing relevant & timely career guidance & feedback
- Grow the team through hiring great engineers
- Model & uphold our values through building a collaborative, inclusive team with a focus on customer impact & building for leverage
- Attend & engage in daily stand ups & maintain sprint task statuses in issue tracking tool
- Attend team, project, & manager 1:1 meetings weekly
- Partner with product to scope new features, provide project estimates & milestones to inform quarterly commitments
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members, product manager & across teams
- Clearly communicate complex problems & technical concepts to both engineers & non-engineers & can break down complex requirements into steps
- Work with team to build, enhance & maintain validation frameworks & Compliance features (Governance/GxP/Privacy Ops/eDiscovery)
- Respond to technical & behavioral feedback from manager & peers
- Play a role in developing & fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally & externally
- Agile management - Scrum
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - GitHubEnterprise/Confluence/StackOverflow
- Code reviews - GitHubEnterprise
- Version control system - GIT
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel & Candidate Privacy Notice.