Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Security Software Engineer to join our SecEng team to build & maintain cross-cutting services for internal teams across the enterprise. You will design, deploy, & manage tools that automate security functions & improve efficiencies throughout Twilio. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to influence engineering standards & practices within our organization.
Twilio is looking for an Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has demonstrated ability to build & maintain software at scale. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in a frontend programming object-oriented programming role
- Skills in languages such as Shell, Python, or Ruby
- Experience developing solutions using frameworks such as: ReactJS, jQuery & AngularJS
- Experience in Docker, Kubernets, & AWS cloud services
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis
- Understanding of Git & development activities such as merge & conflict resolution of code
- Experience creating the best user experiences while balance the businesses needs of lean development cycles.
- Familiarity with security concepts as well as have a willingness to learn more.
- Experience in Linux systems & have familiarity with dev-ops or sysadmin related skills.
- You are a strong communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally, with a track record of delivering results
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related experience
As a Senior Security Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Create intuitive intelligent security products & services that our developers will love
- BE AN OWNER: Improve the user experience for existing Certificate Management, Security Automation & log management solutions, as well as our upcoming platforms.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Create security impact across teams, in partnership with R&D organization
- NO SHENANIGANS: Write documentation & automated tests for code to be written. Implement functionality for automated tests that will successfully pass & meet coding standards. Debug production issues & create subsequent mitigation plans. Optimize performance of existing implementations.
- BE BOLD: Simplify solutions in existing implementations, while breaking down problems that are well-defined & larger in scope.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline & technical leadership. And thats where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.