Peloton is looking for a Security-focused Site Reliability Engineer to work with teams across the organization to build & maintain auditable, secure, performant, reliable & highly-scalable software systems. We are a small, fast-paced, growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems at scale & headquartered in the heart of Manhattan near Madison Square Park. Software & security engineers with interest and/or experience in security automation & monitoring are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Evangelize best practices for building & operating highly secure & reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in security, observability, & monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet security, reliability, & capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure & configuration management
- Conduct timely retrospectives of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security & compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security & reliability & advocate solutions
- Participate in anon-call rotation to receive escalations
- We work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) (EC2, EKS/Kubernetes, & Lambda for compute, RDS, DynamoDB, & S3 for storage, SQS, SNS, & Kinesis for eventing/messaging, to name a few)
- We use tools like Chef, Python, Ubuntu, Jenkins, Terraform, & Terragrunt
- Know when to triage & when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Experience with AWS (specifically around networking, security, & administration)
- Substantial experience with a programming language like Python, Ruby, Golang, or Java
- Passion for secure, reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience developing & monitoring mission-critical systems
- Working knowledge of a centralized configuration tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Working knowledge of infrastructure-as-code concerns (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Bonus: Experience configuring & monitoring CDNs - we use Cloudfront & Cloudflare
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.