Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
You will be part of Denodo's Services Engineering team, which provides design, deployment & support for systems, services & requirements in all Denodo locations. The team is also responsible for managing heterogeneous environment, Cloud Infrastructure, Internal IT Infrastructure, web & on-premise applications, etc.
The selected candidate will have specific experience with Linux & Windows Operating Systems & a strong technical orientation, troubleshooting skills & creative in problem solving.Having cloud experience (on AWS, AZURE or Google) will be a Plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide IT Help Desk to corporate end users for resolving inquires or issues.
- Responsible for proactive troubleshootingfor the Windows, Linux & Virtualization platforms.
- Perform monitoring & maintenance of overall environment working with experienced team members.
- Perform change controls. Update process documentation & team portals.
- Communicate with peers & managers regarding system issues & participate in 24x7 on-call.
- Manage equipment tracking, internal software & hardware utilization.
- Use scripting languages to automate tasks & gather data.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a dynamic environment, with tight deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
- Manage the ITAM & ITSM tools.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree relating to information systems or computer science or demonstrated related knowledge & experience.
- Good English level, additional languages will be a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts.
- Experiencewith Windows, Linux operating system
- Experience in TCP/IP networking, DNS, AD, LDAP, SMTP, IMAP , Linux account management, NFS, iSCSI.
- Scripting knowledge in one of the following languages (Powershell, Shell, Perl, Python) will be a plus.
- Knowledge of systems security & administration will be a plus.
- Professional curiosity & the ability to enable yourself in new technologies & tasks.
- Creativity finding the root cause of issues & providing solutions.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, & some weekends when needed for on-call periods.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.