Betterment at Work is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored & smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment for Business is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates & optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterments platform includes Betterment EverydayBetterments cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, & high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City & created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment for Business is used by leading employers like Casper & Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
401(k) plan administration services provided by Betterment for Business. Investment advice to plans & plan participants provided by Betterment, an SEC registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided to clients of Betterment by Betterment Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer & member FINRA/SIPC. Betterment & Betterment Securities are affiliates of Betterment for Business.
About the Role:
The 401(k) Onboarding Associate's main focus is to help guide Betterment at Works clients through a pleasant & efficient onboarding experience.
In this role, the Onboarding Associate will contribute to a cross functional work environment by facilitating a seamless hand off from the sales team & successfully driving a client through to their first payroll launch on the Betterment platform. The onboarding Associate will liaise with the 401(k) compliance team to help design & implement a clients 401(k) plan design. This role reports into the 401(k) Onboarding Manager.
We are looking to hire this role based in our NYC office location, where we offer hybrid working conditions.
A Day in the Life:
- Own tracking plans in detail during the new plan set up or conversion process
- Review & apply all information relevant to the conversion process of the plan to ensure accuracy, efficiency & effectiveness
- Clearly communicate with & guide our clients through any questions they may have during the onboarding process
- Support the plan conversion process by communicating with other retirement & payroll providers as necessary
- Assist with scheduling & participate (as needed) in client meetings, phone calls, Zooms, & hand-off meetings
- Use systems such as Salesforce, Zendesk, & our proprietary tool Clinic to drive client deliverables
- Partner cross functionally with team members from Compliance, Operations, & Payroll to get clients up & running
What Were Looking for:
- Expertise with customer service or financial services, specializing in 401(k) plan lifecycle & administration
- Experience in retirement services and/or B2B onboarding environments is a plus!
- Interest in becoming a subject matter expert in finance & 401(k)
- Technical savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple complex systems while simultaneously communicating with clients
- Exceptional written communication skills & ability to build rapport - you will speak with our clients through email & over the phone
- Experience working with CRM & project management systems (For example: Zendesk, Salesforce, Asana, etc.)
- Strong organizational & time management skills
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability & sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.