About the role
This role is joining the growing Design Operations function within the Global Design team. Were rapidly scaling to support an increasing number of brands, retailers, & geographies under the Harrys umbrella. This role will lead product & packaging design projects, while the majority of work will be leading development of in-store marketing spaces in mass, drug, & grocery retailers..
This is a highly visible position tackling process & project-based work. As a project manager, you will lead work across the company as the voice & ears of Harrys Design. You are the primary source of contact for the Design, cross-functional, & leadership teams throughout the entire project lifecycle--from kickoff-to launch & every point in between.
This integral role accelerates the speed of work across the Design function & the business at large & allows designers to focus on creating best in class designs (core to Harrys DNA).
Note this is not a designer role, but a passion for design is a must.
What you will do
- Gain a deep understanding of the different divisions within the Design Team & know the intricacies of each: Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Print Production & Store Design.
- Work within the Harrys Design Team & partners on projects big & small, earning trust along the way.
- Build great cross-functional collaborative relationships. The Design Team acts as a service agency throughout the company - socializing our needs & ways of working is critical.
- Efficiently maintain & innovate on the processes, systems, & tools in place to support Design. Navigate complex processes with ease & dedicate time & energy to making it better.
- Able to work & remain detail-oriented/energized within aggressive timelines, & while juggling many projects across different brands & geographies.
- Able to effectively communicate within the team/org & negotiate timelines, decision making, & feedback.
- Help keep the team on track using exceptional communication skills. Deliver briefs to the appropriate team members & have answers to critical questions that may come up.
- Anticipate both what's happening today & what's ahead. You will proactively sound the alarm on issues that may derail our process/timeline.
- Be the primary source of contact for outside vendors used by the design team - illustrators, photographers, model makers, construction, etc.
- Celebrate our wins & help to adapt when we have set backs.
This should describe you
- You have worked as a process manager / trafficker / project manager / producer for a design team or design-driven company
- You have experience managing mass-retail in-store marketing spaces: communicating with printers & fixture manufacturers, reading technical drawings, & managing prototyping schedules
- Foundational knowledge of corrugated display manufacturing as well as familiarity with semi-permanent & permanent display materials
- You take previous reflections & learnings & uses them to improve processes, systems & overall work quality
- Meticulous attention to detail & ability to relentlessly follow up
- Able to recognize patterns & breakdown tough problems. Excited to brainstorm, hypothesize, & test solutions
- Able to act as the primary source of contact but still have the confidence to ask for help. Exhibits a high level of ownership.
- Resilient & unwavering dedication to the process
- Lightning fast learner - Get up to speed quickly to get to know the design process & the inner workings of Harrys
- Smart & thoughtful, with a sense of humor
- Communication guru
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Design Team Manager
- Working within the broader Design team
- Working cross-functionally with the entire Harrys org globally: R&D, Packaging, Retail, Strategy, Brand, Creative, Finance, Sourcing, Legal, & Leadership.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.