Away is looking for an experienced e-commerce product leader to join our team as our Director of Product Management, E-Commerce. In this role, you will define the e-commerce product strategy, as well as lead our e-commerce digital product team, with ownership of discovery, purchase, acquisition, retention, international, internal tools, & CRO. Youll closely partner with UX & Engineering to ideate, build, & deliver best-in-class digital shopping experiences.
As we continue to expand our product offering, the countries where our products are offered, our personalization services, & our brick-and-mortar footprint, you will work with other department leaders to determine the strategic roadmap, testing calendar, & prioritization frameworks.
The role will report to the VP of Digital Product, & is based in our Soho, New York headquarters.
Some of what youll do:
- Create a bold vision for our e-commerce experience, identifying opportunities that will allow our customers' experiences with us to be delightful & frictionless
- Be responsible for delivering experiences that drive revenue, conversion, retention, & customer engagement for customer-facing products, while driving cost efficiencies for internal products
- Along with Engineering & UX leaders, youll partner cross-functionally with the leaders of our Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Creative Strategy, Legal, Operations, Product Development, Customer Experience, & International teams to create the product roadmap
- Partner with the Data team to define measurable metrics of success for the E-Commerce Product Management team, & drive accountability through OKRs
- Partner with Customer Insights & UX Research to understand our customers & their needs to create personas, prototype products, & test ideas with existing & new customers
- Establish a culture of testing & learning within your team in continuously developing hypotheses, never taking the status quo as the way things need to be done
- Work with our Engineering & UX to establish agile processes, frameworks, & tools to improve velocity, quality, & ensure transparency
- Clearly articulate & communicate the vision, roadmap, key decisions, & relevant learnings up & out to all levels & departments of the company, offering company-wide insight into what is being worked on
- Build & develop an innovative & customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent & designing the teams organizational structure to foster a strong product culture
Who you are:
- 8+ years of progressive product management experience with 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- 5+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products where you worked on a full spectrum of experiences including discovery, CRO, & fulfillment of physical products
- You think holistically about the customer journey, from our website, to our retail stores, & beyond
- You work closely with UX & Engineering because you believe we are three legs of the stool
- You naturally think of the big picture but you can also roll up your sleeves to solve what's right in front you
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, & you know how to make people listen & understand down, up, & laterally across the company
- You embody the Agile philosophy, always iterating & improving on the process & not just adhering to the ceremony
- You have experience mentoring, coaching, & developing people, & inspire your team
- Youre a collaborator at heart with a strong belief that it takes multiple points of feedback & perspective to develop the right strategy
- Youre a believer that nothing is impossibletheres always a version or a way to build something to get to the end goal
- You are data-driven & goal-orientedyou measure success both quantitatively & qualitatively & understand the importance of both
- You love to travel (but thats a given)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel.We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees.Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career.Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive.Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages.We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than one million travel products, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 200 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.