GlossGenius believes that product is king, which is why it's no surprise that customers who use GlossGenius are obsessed with it. We're seeking an experienced User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer to join our team and take on a high degree of ownership building the GlossGenius user experience and designing its interface. In this role, you'll take ownership over conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and final production-grade designs.
Responsibilities You'll Own and Rock:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, mockups and interface designs optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, including the engineering team, marketing team, etc.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- 3+ years of UX/UI design experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments; ability to own and independently conceive of and design entire aspects of the product vision.
- Ability to work with customers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences and user interfaces.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience with user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and to customers, as well as ability to collect and synthesize customer wants, needs, problems and feedback into elegant, easy solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications; be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with the team to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through incredible, beautiful, intuitive design.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must.
What You'll Get:
- Competitive equity and salary package
- Health & dental insurance
- Open time off for vacation & sick leave
- Unlimited (incredibly cool) GG team swag
This is for a full-time position in New York, NY (our offices are based in the coolest part of Soho, downtown NYC).
Please submit the following: 1) a cover letter, 2) your resume and 3) a portfolio of previous user experience design work.