Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
Oscar's business depends on trust. From forging relationships with our members through our Concierge teams to storing their Protected Health Information (PHI) in secure databases, a trust chain weaves through all that we do at Oscar. The Site Reliability Engineering team at Oscar is one of the links in this chain; the infrastructural & platform layer decisions that we make impact the availability & security of our services, & affect all interactions with members & providers.The ideal candidate is either a software engineer with a good administration background or a highly skilled system administrator with knowledge of coding & automation
As an Oscar SRE, you'll join the Infrastructure Engineering Team & will gain experience & exposure with other teams. You'll work directly on the cutting-edge core platform, with a key focus on improving its speed, reliability & efficiency. We take pride in our ability to operate complex machinery & resolve incidents with a cool demeanor. You will help architect the systems that are driving a new type of insurance company.
You will report into our Director of Infrastructure.
What were actually doing:
- Build & improve our platforms, systems & infrastructure using your excellent background in Linux, distributed systems, infrastructure as code, & AWS
- Manage individual projects' priorities, deadlines & deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, & enhance software solutions.
- Take initiative & be responsible for technical solutions to data quality & workflow challenges.
- Guide teams with a focus on automation, maintainability, & security.
You at Oscar
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in Site Reliability or Software Engineering
- Programming is part of your tool kit. Were looking for someone comfortable programming in Python, Bash or Go
- Experience with AWS, infrastructure, cloud native software, & various data stores
- Experience working with container orchestration systems
- Youve been running high volume production systems for years.
- You have excellent diagnostic & problem solving skills.
- You understand security implications & responsibilities.
- You believe there is no infrastructure without code.
- Youre passionate about technologies, whether it be a new shiny new thing or an arcane, ill-conceived protocol; our company may be new, but the healthcare industry isnt!
- You maintain calm while troubleshooting production issues.
- You can dive into source code to understand system behavior
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.