Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
About the Role
In this role,you willensure the success of our customers, acting as the expert for our product, & providing consulting expertise for the deployment, optimization, & operation of CockroachDB.You willcarry on in-depth discussions with customers' technical experts as well as high-level, business talks with senior executives, taking our solution to the next level. To shine in this position, you have astrongtechnical background (infrastructure solutions), be acritical thinker, & have a passion forproblem-solving.
- Partner closely with customers to gain an understanding of both their technical & business environment & requirements, providing ahands-ondelivery of CockroachDB.
- Build design & deployment plans to implement CockroachDB into new customer environments; store, retrieve, & manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities & requirements.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, & technical issues such as software & performance maintenance.
- Follow best practices when deploying CockroachDB, ensuring aconsistentandpositivecustomer experience.
- Solve customers product related problems on clients systems remotely & onsite.
- Collaborate withmembers of Support & Engineering teams to quickly resolve any client issues & ensure customer post-sales satisfaction. Train customers & partners onall aspects ofthe product & become their trusted advisor.
- Build SOWs to be delivered for customer implementation, creating an SOW repository & best practices for implementation.
In your first 30 days,you willlearn about CockroachDB & understand the value it brings to our customers. During this time, we also believe its crucial for you to establish internal relationships across documentation, product, & engineering to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days,you willbe workingwith customers & to better understand their needs & how they can use CockroachDB in their environment. Over timein this role,you willmanagehands-onproduct implementations both remotely & onsite.
- Previous customer-facing role either part of consulting, sales or support, working closely with customers & partners to deploy complex, custom solutions ina variety ofcustomer environments.
- Firm understanding of SQL, Linux, & scripting languages (Python, Go, etc.) andone or more ofthe following technologies: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL.
- Deepunderstanding of infrastructure technology & solutions, especially databases.
- Strong customer service skills,with a passionfor delivering customer satisfaction.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical major.
- 5+ years of experienceworking with complex applications or distributed systems with adeepunderstanding of technology deployments.
- Willing to travel up to 50% based on customer andbusiness needs.
Reporting to Jeff Miller - Chief Revenue Officer
Jeff joined Cockroach Labs because every CIO/CTO in the world is trying to make the cloud journey & most of those a hybrid cloud journey & eliminate legacy systems while also meeting new data privacy requirements. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud neutral & will allow customers to handle complex data privacy issues. When he is not helping customers, he loves to spend time with his family, play golf, tennis, & squash, & watch anything Clemson on TV.
- 100%health insurancecoverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave(with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off&flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building adiverse & inclusiveworkforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.