At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active & growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal & we have launched facilities across Canada & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the team:
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, & product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce & supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves experimenting to improve the user journey & making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
About the role:
We are looking for a Team Lead to help architect & implement solutions, lead developers, & write beautiful code. You will strive to achieve company goals & collaborate with local & international teams to find the best solution possible. As a member of our North America team, youll work with highly-skilled engineers, who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, & have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, & operations of the applications that you develop
- Lead a small team of engineers (4-7) as a line manager: supervising day-to-day technical tasks, as well as mentoring/growing engineering skill set within your team
- Create & execute programs to help individual career progressions
- Be an active, solution-oriented leader & member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend & Backend Engineers, Designers, & Business Intelligence teams
- Develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
- 6+ years of experience on a agile software development team, preferably in a lead or senior role for at least 2+ years
- Hands-on experience in developing & releasing microservices, distributed system, and/or large-scale solutions
- 4+ years experience in a current service-oriented programming language, such as Golang (preferred), Java, Python, or NodeJS
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) & NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB), with demonstrable ability to write & execute effective queries
Why you'll love this job:
- Youll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Were a start-up within a start-up. Were nimble but we have the institutional knowledge & the global resources
- Competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Working with a fun, energetic & supportive team