--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This role can be office-based or fully remote within the United States.
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
What youve done before:
You have built software test automation & scaled automation frameworks for back-end services & APIs to help build a high-quality product. You have a passion for continuous learning & enjoy sharing your knowledge, collaborating with other engineers to improve quality practices, & thinking about ways to make a team more efficient. You have experience working with containers in a cloud environment, & are familiar with distributed systems using a microservices architecture. You have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms & data structures, & have demonstrated excellent problem solving skills.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web & email.
- Get up to speed on our tech stack & infrastructure with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- Contribute to the development of our test tooling & infrastructure.
- Participate in strategy & design discussions to ensure testing frameworks will cover testing needs & deliver high-quality products.
- Assist in achieving test coverage by building testing frameworks for Unit Testing, API/Integration Testing, Contract Testing, Functional Testing, Load & Performance & other testing approaches.
- Mentor more junior members of our growing team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- flexible hours & generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.