Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Network Support Specialist, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Infrastructure Network Servicesgroup is responsible for the support, implementation & reliability of Visa's networks, it's a global group sitting within the widerInfrastructure Reliability Engineering group. INS also shares responsibility with information security for network access & security compliance of all networks. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation, & support of IP networks for Visa's global commercial & Corporate network infrastructure. Our problems are complex, & you will be working to solve them & implement creative solutions. You're an experienced professional & we'll assume you will reach out if you need additional guidance, but otherwise, be pretty well self-managed. We are collaborative & communicate openly by nature so opportunities for mentorship are plentiful on this team.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Plan,implement, & provide ongoing support of network systems of moderate complexity in extranet, commercial & corporate environments to fulfill the business needs.
- Provide technical coordination, oversight for staff & serve as escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Support WAN connections for the Visa Global Commercial client networks environment.
- Interface with Visa clients & vendors as well as internal technical support staff
- Work closely with project & account managers to support the client requirements & projects
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, & network support organizations
- Perform secondlevel support to commercial networks & to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues & to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Be main POC for Paddington specific network issues.
- Provide engineering recommendations to Visa regions as requested
- Conduct product evaluation & testing & support application development team
- Support change management processes for the commercial networks environment
- Support maintenance window activities on the commercial networks when required
- Build & maintain relationship with global & virtual teams & third parties on network development or support issues
- Participate fully in the development, testing & QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered & fulfill expectations
- May provision new client institutions onto the network by completing the necessary network updates & providing technical assistance to the membership in support of network changes
- Provide technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time frame
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements & provide technical assistance for investigation & analysis of security alerts
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization & technology solutions
What we're after
- Extensive experience in technology, information security, and/or network administration.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or Engineering or related discipline
- Mid-level experienceworking with a large, mission-critical enterprise environment in a Network Engineering role.
- CCNP minimum.
- Other vendor certification such as F5 or Arista.
- Technical Expertise with IP networking & extensive knowledge of technologies such as MPLS & VPN.
- Extensive engineering knowledge of network hardware including routers & switches.
- Experience & expertise with IP routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF & BGP. Knowledge of encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), standby protocols HSRP & VRRP, & network address translation (NAT) experience is required.
- Network support experience in a mission-critical, 24x7 production environment.
- Candidates must have strong verbal & written communications skills, & must be comfortable
- Working both independently & in functional teams.
- Candidates should have strong planning, organisational, & problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems & network environments.
- Solid understanding of network security principles & techniques.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols
- Successful candidates must be self-sufficient & have the ability to make engineering decisions within the documented process.
- Working towards expert level certifications.
- Knowledge of Python Scripting and/or Ansible tower an advantage.
- Experience in the financial and/or e-commerce business desired.
- ITIL certification.
- Expert level knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP) load-balancing gear & Network Tools
- Fundamental knowledge of SDN technologies
- Advanced level knowledge of VXLAN
- Understanding of Leaf/Spine Architecture
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Weekend working is a requirement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.