Build the designs that fuel global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
Flexport10,0002013SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital Y Combinator13
- Craft the engineering vision, & own the technical landscape, for a major domain in the world of logistics that powers global trade.
- Design systems that represent the real-world intricacies of logistics entities, such as cargo, routing, customs, & pricing.
- Work closely with business partners & product managers to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Build & launch products rapidly & incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
- Geek out about shipping & logistics. (We do this often.)
You Should Have
- Bachelor or above degree on computer science or related majors.
- 3 months or longer internship in software development.
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend & hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, & engineers alike.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- Non-optional: an aptitude for learning quickly.
- Ruby(Rails), Java, node.js, go, c++, c#
- /side project
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite & Github. On the frontend, we use React for the views, fetch data with GraphQL/Relay, & test our application with Jest. On the backend, were a Rails shop riding on AWS & Postgres RDS. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Python.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital, & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.