Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Business Solutions Product Development team is a part of Visa's Data Products Development organization & is responsible for designing, developing & managing multiple productsand services for Visa's Business Solutions line of products. Our range of productsinclude data processing, business intelligence, data mining, & B2B payments solutions.
As a Director, you will build, manage & lead a world-class team of software development engineers to develop, maintain & support Visa's Business Solutions products. This includes implementing processes that enable the team to function with a high degree of efficiency & to effectively collaborate with Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Cybersecurity staff, Operations Managers & other Technology staff across the company.
- Responsiblefor the end to end software development life cycle & managing complexBusiness Solutions products with significant bottom line impact
- Workwith remote teams
- Workwith product owners in developing a strategy & road map to providecompelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals
- Workclosely with architects & senior engineers to develop the best technicaldesign & approach for new product development
- Instillbest practices for software development & documentation process, assure designs meet requirements, & deliver high-quality work on tightschedules.
- Identifyopportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards andprocesses
- Mentorjunior team members, develop departmental procedures & best practicesstandards
- Collaborate,negotiate, manage tradeoffs & evaluate new ideas with business partners
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field with a minimum of 12 years of experience in Software Development with at least 3 years of experience in a software development management or development team lead role.
- Proven successful hands-on experience in managing the development & implementation of large-scale enterprise software & data processing solutions with such technologies asJava, Hadoop big data technologies, No SQL databases, & HBASE, RDMS products including DB2 & SQL Server, Web Services & related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL, JSON, Rest etc.), Spring, Hibernate & related open source frameworks
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills & the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way. Ability to represent technical & business issues & solutions to multiple levels internally & externally to support organizational plans.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead & manage agile, scrum-based technology teams distributed across multiple geographical locations
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs. Strong business & technical vision.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge & experience with payments processing systems is desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.