KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
New Product Introduction Program Manager
The New Product Introduction Program Manager will play a critical role in the introduction of new construction products into our platform & factory portfolio. This role will be rigorously focused on driving through New Product Introduction execution including but not limited to; requirements capture, prototype build schedule development, new procedure & workflow development budget management & KPI creation. The outcome of this Program Managers responsibilities is direct contribution toward Katerras mission high-quality & affordable housing for the planet.
This New Product Introduction Program Manager will focus on the systems supporting new process development for all current & future Katerra platforms (garden apartments, corridor apartments, single family, mid-rise & high-rise). This includes but is not limited to; wood & steel components, wall assemblies, floor assemblies, trusses, cabinets, countertops, windows, mechanical / electrical / plumbing / fire assemblies, other finishes, increased level of completeness of all components, engineered wood, kits (kitchen, bath & utility) & modules / pods.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively program manages several new product process development & prototype build initiatives while maintaining alignment with global new product introduction (NPI) processes
- Drives on time delivery of key deliverables relative to New Product Introduction
- Program & project manages simultaneous initiatives with cross-functional resources
- Manages input to NPI budget
- Creates standards & deploys best project management practices into the organization
- Owns prototyping schedule inputs & reporting in monthly / bi-monthly reviews
- Leads cross-functional meetings with key stakeholders to drive execution of deliverables
- Develops an evaluation method to assess program strengths & identify areas for improvement (KPIs)
- Analyzes program risks & develops contingency plans
- Drives standards & high quality into all systems, procedures, tools & reports
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years in project or program management role
- Bachelors degree in business, engineering or related field
- Experience in the design / engineering / construction industry
- Ability to read / interpret design & construction drawings
- Working knowledge of lean principles
- Earned Value
- Unfailing focus on customer service with a proven ability to deliver quality results on-time / on-budget
- Excellent judgment & creative problem-solving skills including negotiation & conflict resolution
- Natural leader
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal & presentation skills & the ability to effectively interface with senior management, as well as hourly staff
- Passion for Katerras mission & belief in the companys value proposition
- Hard working, friendly, highly flexible & adaptive, results-oriented, passionate
- Team player that will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Intellectually curious & interested in learning through cross-functional work streams
- Solutions-focused & a proactive self-starter who is always looking for opportunities to improve the organization & solve problems
- Able to handle multiple initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Data-focused with an incredible attention to detail
- Exemplifies Katerra Cultural & People Principles
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, P6, Excel & Outlook
- Competency in Smartsheet, Confluence / Jira & Visio or Lucidcharts
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.