BuzzFeed News is looking for a brilliant, bold, boundlessly ambitious editor to be the deputy of our 20-person investigations team.
This is a leadership role with a big mandate: to inspire our award-winning investigative team; to guide reporters toward the most important investigations & the most daunting targets; to oversee reporting with the most exacting standards & to shape it into un-put-downable stories; & to push & push for maximum impact.
Working with the global investigations editor, you would help set the direction for a team with the highest goals & the mandate & resources to pursue them to the limits.
We are looking for a proven track record in investigations, including:
- publishing major investigative stories that have changed laws, shut down companies or had other meaningful real-world impact.
- impeccable news, legal, & ethical sense & impeccable standards for reporting depth, detail, rigor, & fairness.
- experience managing complex projects, sometimes over long periods, & steering talented & tireless reporters to do their best work.
- a superb sense of how to shape clear, powerful findings & compelling, well-paced narrative so that stories hit with maximum velocity.
- a passion for using a new media ecosystem to pursue the timeless goal of holding power accountable.
- a talent for teamwork in an atmosphere of mutual respect, optimism & fun.
Please submit a resume & cover letter.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We fuse hard work & fun through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, & humble confidence. As an employee, youll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, & no work on your birthday! But most importantly, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.